Sunday, June 14, 2015

Drawn Birthday Card

Two weeks ago I was asked to do a birthday card for an 8-year-old girl.
After figuring out that movie Frozen is a big thing for her, I got drawn to the idea to draw the card myself.

Why to see all that trouble? Well, I felt a bit nostalgic I guess...
Around 10-year-old I enjoyed Disney movies like the Little Mermaid and Lady and the Tramp.
In those days I drew the original characters and "designed" my own characters -basically learned to how make Disney-styled girls and dogs. ;) Most of those pictures are long gone.

This time I actually took more photos during the work, so you can see what happened:

Aquarelle pens were great for this thing. :) I enjoyed the coloring very much!
Finally I added a turquose background paper and sprayed blue & green glitter spray around the edges.
In the pic the wet paper is still slightly bent, but luckily it dried well.
This took about 6 hours of work. I didn't even notice time passing - got on a flow state. ;)

As much as I liked doing the character of Disney, Elsa, I also enjoyed drawing the text. The font that is used in movie poster was an inspiration, of course. I wanted same kind of icy feeling, but lighter and more decorational style. Figuring out the details was very rewarding for me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments both in English and in Finnish are welcome!
Kommenttisi on tervetullut, oli se sitten suomeksi tai englanniksi!