I planned to make something bigger with a harder medium last weekend, and on Sunday got started.
I chose the acrylic colours because the oil colours are nowhere to be found... (Must have packed and carried them to storage some time ago.)
I don't normally do the hole work with acrylic colours, rather just fix background or details.
I had this sketch from Friday as my starting point. I really liked it and wanted make more out of it.
And there was a little twist... At the time there came a documentary about Incas which gave an idea how to move on! Tonight after work and cooking I finally got finish this piece:
Unfortunately the scanner left the dress too red and bananas way too yellow. Anyway I must admit I'm surprised that this looks as good as it does! :-)
After working so long with one piece, I gave myself permission to relax the rest of this evening. I'm getting on with the challenge tomorrow. (Starting fresh with no plans!)