Friday, September 6, 2013

Fairy Painting in Frames

I'm glad to finally present my latest bigger project: fairy painting in frames. I had such a fun time with it. :) I made this for a "secret fairy" friend swap and this is the first time I get to tell about it here.

I'd like to take part to following challenges:
Lexi's Creations: "Anything but a card"
Inspire Me Fridays 119: "Anything goes!"
Southern Girls Challenge: "Make Believe"



I wanted to use same theme for the painting and the frames. I decided to go for a "Summer in river bank" -theme based on my fairy sketch.
Last Spring I went to a course of Emmo. There I learned using gesso, stamps and acrylic colours all together. It helped to make the frames since I have never done those before. The gesso was great base for stamping and painting colours. To make the result water resistant I brushed two lyers of decoupage finish.

Materials of the painting:

Watercolour pans & pencils
watercolour paper 200g/m2

Materials for the frames:

Gesso
Dragonfly board stamp
Water resistant green ink pad
Acrylic paints
Decoupage finish

5 comments:

  1. wow! this is so amazing! a very sweet image!
    the frame looks fabulous!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi (GD this week on lexi's creations challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, beautiful fairy, to dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yritin tarkistaa kokonaisuus-sanaa sanakirjasta, kunnes tajusin, että nyt ei tarvitse sitä tehdä :-D

    Kaunis maalaus, herkkä ja hieno kokonaisuus. Jos tähän laittaisi tavalliset kehykset, maalauskin jäisi paljosta vaille. Nyt kehykset jatkavat aihetta.

    Hieno sivellintyöskentely saa veden liikkumaan ja unet heräämään.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very beautiful! I love the water!! Thanks for playing with us at Southern Girls Challenge!!
    Carolyn, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanjs for joining us at southerngirlschallenge with this beautiful card. Lovely scene.

    ReplyDelete

Comments both in English and in Finnish are welcome!
Kommenttisi on tervetullut, oli se sitten suomeksi tai englanniksi!